Which program is right for you?
• Transition- Aged or Level Suited for Curriculum and over 18 years of age.
• Interested and able to pursue community employment.
• Able to take community outings, attend events and are willing to work independently and as a group.
• Functional Assessment required resulting in the recommendation that the individual will benefit from an education-based program.
• Appropriate funding
A. ATTENDANCE and PUNCTUALITY
• Ability to attend daily as scheduled.
• Ability to be on time for transportation.
• Ability to use available transportation with or
without staff support
• Ability to express or convey reasons for nonattendance
either personally or with support.
• Ability to bring a nutritious lunch
• Ability to exhibit proper hygiene and grooming
with or without the support of staff.
• Ability to dress appropriately for the program
environment and season with or without support..
C. LANGUAGE (Expressive and Receptive)
• Ability to follow one step direction with or without
• Ability to follow and comply with safety guidelines
at the Excel site and in the community, given the
appropriate training and support.
• Ability to walk independently, with the support of
staff or use of mobility aides to get around.
• Demonstrates the ability to benefit from the
program, given appropriate training and support.
G. SOCIAL SKILLS
• ability to establish and maintain friendly and
harmonious relations with other program
participants and staff, to cooperate with others,
and to avoid social situations that disrupts others.
• Respects other people’s property or possessions, or
has the potential to acquire this behavior.
• Ability to participate in programming with the
current staff to client ratio
• Able to adapt to changes in the environment
independently or with staff support
H. SAFETY SKILLS
• Not a danger or risk to self or others.
• Ability to exit building in case of an emergency
with or without the support of staff
• Ability to be safely transported to and from Excel
• Availability of funding
• Availability of funding for extra support as
deemed necessary by the team in order to
participate in programming
• A health statement signed by a licensed physician, physician’s assistant, or a registered nurse completed within 90 days prior to the admission to the program or 30 days after admission, including TB test
• The person has functional/cognitive disabilities
where he/she can benefit from:
• support to structure one’s daily activities
• friendship and social activities
• mental stimulation
• health related services
• functional support
• a safe, secure environment